- UniCredit & Universities Foundation
- Piazza Gae Aulenti
- UniCredit Tower - Tower A
- 20154 Milan, Italy
- Tel +39 02 8862 4339/40
Winners - Best PhD Thesis Award - 1st edition
Welcome to UniCredit & Universities!
The 6 winners of the CEE Best PhD Thesis Award, launched in 2010, for outstanding doctoral dissertations in economics and finance on European integration issues, have been selected. The competition was open to all young PhD graduates from the 19 Eastern European countries forming part of the geographical scope of our Group.
According to the requirements listed on the announcement, the Scientific Committee of UniCredit & Universities selected six PhD theses, regarding the following issues: migration, development and demography, unrestricted topics.
The winners are:
• Dermendzhieva Zvezda (Bulgaria): “Essays on International Migration”
• Daniel Horn (Hungary): “Essays on Educational Institutions and Inequality of Opportunity”
Development and demography:
• Dora Fazekas (Hungary):“Carbon Market Implications for New EU Member States: Empirical Analysis for Hungary”
• Branislav Saxa (Slovakia) con “Essays on Exporting Behavior of Firms and on Inflation Persistence”
• Ceyhun Elgin (Turkey): “Essays on Dynamic Macroeconomics”
• Ekaterina Rashkova (Bulgaria): “Political Learning and the Number of Parties: Why Age Matters”
The winners will be awarded with € 5,000 each, and the theses will be published in the Working Paper Series of UniCredit & Universities Foundation available on this website.
The winners of the Best PhD Thesis Award will receive their award during a ceremony, on 9 June, 2011.
Back to Best PhD Thesis Award
SUERF-UNICREDIT & UNIVERSITIES PRIZE>
Prizes of EUR 5,000 will be awarded to up to two outstanding papers on topics related to "Reregulation of the financial sector – economic consequences, costs and benefits". The papers should be submitted by 30 September 2014. Read more
A Workshop on “European Union and Turkey: Prospects and Challenges”, organised by UniCredit & Universities in cooperation with Yapi Kredi, will be held at Koç University on 29 September 2014. Read more
WORKSHOP ECONOMICS OF CRIME BOCCONI>
On 3 and 4 October 2014 the transatlantic workshop "The Economics of Crime", organised by the Paolo Baffi Center at Bocconi University in co-operation with UniCredit & Universities, will be held at Bocconi University. Read more
Scholarship Crivelli Europe
All the winners of the 12th Edition
Scholarship Marco Fanno
All the winners of the 2013 Edition
Fellowship Foscolo Europe
All the winners of the 5th Edition
Scholarship STUDY-ABROAD GRANTS
All the winners of the 3rd edition
Scholarship International internship program
All the winners of the 1st edition