- UniCredit & Universities Foundation
- Piazza Gae Aulenti
- UniCredit Tower - Tower A
- 20154 Milan, Italy
- Tel +39 02 8862 4339/40
Winners - Best PhD Thesis Award - 1st edition
Welcome to UniCredit & Universities!
The 6 winners of the CEE Best PhD Thesis Award, launched in 2010, for outstanding doctoral dissertations in economics and finance on European integration issues, have been selected. The competition was open to all young PhD graduates from the 19 Eastern European countries forming part of the geographical scope of our Group.
According to the requirements listed on the announcement, the Scientific Committee of UniCredit & Universities selected six PhD theses, regarding the following issues: migration, development and demography, unrestricted topics.
The winners are:
• Dermendzhieva Zvezda (Bulgaria): “Essays on International Migration”
• Daniel Horn (Hungary): “Essays on Educational Institutions and Inequality of Opportunity”
Development and demography:
• Dora Fazekas (Hungary):“Carbon Market Implications for New EU Member States: Empirical Analysis for Hungary”
• Branislav Saxa (Slovakia) con “Essays on Exporting Behavior of Firms and on Inflation Persistence”
• Ceyhun Elgin (Turkey): “Essays on Dynamic Macroeconomics”
• Ekaterina Rashkova (Bulgaria): “Political Learning and the Number of Parties: Why Age Matters”
The winners will be awarded with € 5,000 each, and the theses will be published in the Working Paper Series of UniCredit & Universities Foundation available on this website.
The winners of the Best PhD Thesis Award will receive their award during a ceremony, on 9 June, 2011.
Back to Best PhD Thesis Award
NAPLES CONFERENCE CSEF - MARCH 2014>
On 21 March 2014 the conference on “Bank performance, financial stability and the real economy” will take place at the Federico II Conference center in Naples. Read more
US PhD SCHOLARSHIP - 3rd Ed.>
Entry is now open for the third edition of the contest for 1 US PhD Scholarship, allowing one student to attend a PhD programme in economics or finance in the USA from the academic year 2014-2015. Read more
MASTERSCHOLARSHIPS - 4th ed.>
Entry is now open for the 4th Masterscholarships competition. The contest is aimed to reward seven scholarships to attend a master programme in economics or finance at one of the most prestigious universities in Europe. Read more
UNICREDIT BEST PAPER AWARD- 5th ed>
Entry is now open for the fifth UniCredit Best Paper Award, the only competition open to all UniCredit employees, from every country where the Group is present. Read more
Scholarship Crivelli Europe
All the winners of the 11th Edition
Scholarship Marco Fanno
All the winners of the 2012 Edition
Fellowship Foscolo Europe
All the winners of the 4th Edition
Scholarship STUDY-ABROAD GRANTS
All the winners of the 2nd Edition
Fellowship MODIGLIANI Research Grant
All the winners of the 3rd Edition