- UniCredit & Universities Foundation
- Piazza Gae Aulenti
- UniCredit Tower - Tower A
- 20154 Milan, Italy
- Tel +39 02 8862 4383/40
Winners - Best PhD Thesis Award - 1st edition
Welcome to UniCredit & Universities!
The 6 winners of the CEE Best PhD Thesis Award, launched in 2010, for outstanding doctoral dissertations in economics and finance on European integration issues, have been selected. The competition was open to all young PhD graduates from the 19 Eastern European countries forming part of the geographical scope of our Group.
According to the requirements listed on the announcement, the Scientific Committee of UniCredit & Universities selected six PhD theses, regarding the following issues: migration, development and demography, unrestricted topics.
The winners are:
• Dermendzhieva Zvezda (Bulgaria): “Essays on International Migration”
• Daniel Horn (Hungary): “Essays on Educational Institutions and Inequality of Opportunity”
Development and demography:
• Dora Fazekas (Hungary):“Carbon Market Implications for New EU Member States: Empirical Analysis for Hungary”
• Branislav Saxa (Slovakia) con “Essays on Exporting Behavior of Firms and on Inflation Persistence”
• Ceyhun Elgin (Turkey): “Essays on Dynamic Macroeconomics”
• Ekaterina Rashkova (Bulgaria): “Political Learning and the Number of Parties: Why Age Matters”
The winners will be awarded with € 5,000 each, and the theses will be published in the Working Paper Series of UniCredit & Universities Foundation available on this website.
The winners of the Best PhD Thesis Award will receive their award during a ceremony, on 9 June, 2011.
Back to Best PhD Thesis Award
Awards Ceremony 2016>
Take a look at the pictures of the Awards Ceremony 2016! Read more
CARLO GIANNINI FELLOWSHIP - 4th ed.>
The competition for 1 Research Fellowship in Econometrics Carlo Giannini - 4th ed. is now closed. The competition aims at the best researchers of all nationalities who wish to undertake advanced research in econometrics in an Italian university. The new w Read more
MARCO FANNO ASSOCIATION: NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS>
The new Chairman is Giorgio Barba Navaretti and Vice Chairman is Carmine Di Noia. Directors are Lucrezia Reichlin, Michele Salvati and Marco Spallone. Giannantonio De Roni Secretary General. Read more
Scholarship Crivelli Europe
All the winners of the 13th Edition
Scholarship Marco Fanno
All the winners of the 2014 Edition
Scholarship STUDY-ABROAD GRANTS
All the winners of the 4th Edition
Scholarship International internship program
All the winners of the 2nd Edition