- UniCredit & Universities Foundation
- Piazza Gae Aulenti
- UniCredit Tower - Tower A
- 20154 Milan, Italy
- Tel +39 02 8862 4339/40
Winners - Best PhD Thesis Award - 1st edition
Welcome to UniCredit & Universities!
The 6 winners of the CEE Best PhD Thesis Award, launched in 2010, for outstanding doctoral dissertations in economics and finance on European integration issues, have been selected. The competition was open to all young PhD graduates from the 19 Eastern European countries forming part of the geographical scope of our Group.
According to the requirements listed on the announcement, the Scientific Committee of UniCredit & Universities selected six PhD theses, regarding the following issues: migration, development and demography, unrestricted topics.
The winners are:
• Dermendzhieva Zvezda (Bulgaria): “Essays on International Migration”
• Daniel Horn (Hungary): “Essays on Educational Institutions and Inequality of Opportunity”
Development and demography:
• Dora Fazekas (Hungary):“Carbon Market Implications for New EU Member States: Empirical Analysis for Hungary”
• Branislav Saxa (Slovakia) con “Essays on Exporting Behavior of Firms and on Inflation Persistence”
• Ceyhun Elgin (Turkey): “Essays on Dynamic Macroeconomics”
• Ekaterina Rashkova (Bulgaria): “Political Learning and the Number of Parties: Why Age Matters”
The winners will be awarded with € 5,000 each, and the theses will be published in the Working Paper Series of UniCredit & Universities Foundation available on this website.
The winners of the Best PhD Thesis Award will receive their award during a ceremony, on 9 June, 2011.
Back to Best PhD Thesis Award
WORKSHOP SARAJEVO 2015>
The workshop “The EU banking union and its implications on the non-EU countries” will take place on 14 September 2015 at the Central Bank of Bosnia Herzegovina. The workshop is organized in cooperation with School of Economics and Business Sarajevo. Read more
MARCO FANNO ASSOCIATION: NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS>
The new Chairman is Giorgio Barba Navaretti and Vice Chairman is Carmine Di Noia. Directors are Lucrezia Reichlin, Michele Salvati and Marco Spallone. Giannantonio De Roni Secretary General. Read more
WORKSHOP SUERF WIEN>
The call for the applications for the 3rd SUERF/UniCredit & Universities Research Prize, launched in cooperation with SUERF is now open. Prizes of €5,000 gross will be awarded to two outstanding papers on topics related to “The future of retail bankin Read more
Scholarship Crivelli Europe
All the winners of the 13th Edition
Scholarship Marco Fanno
All the winners of the 2014 Edition
Scholarship STUDY-ABROAD GRANTS
All the winners of the 4th Edition
Scholarship International internship program
All the winners of the 2nd Edition
Fellowship SUERF-UNICREDIT & UNIVERSITIES PRIZE
All the winners of the 3RD EDITION